There’s no shortage of reasons to plan a visit to our Springdale resort. Our on-site spa, Five Petals Spa, is the perfect place to enjoy some pampering and a day of relaxing. Anthera, our on-site patio restaurant, serves up fresh and delicious meals with a view. You could spend an entire day wandering our grounds and their beautiful gardens, taking walks alongside the Virgin River, enjoying a dip in the pool or hot tub, or simply sipping coffee from your private patio.
Of course, another popular reason to visit Cliffrose Lodge is to spend some time in Zion National Park. This popular park is located less than a half-mile from our Springdale resort. There’s even a shuttle stop on the property for the Springdale Shuttle line, which will take you to the entrance of the park where you can hop on the Zion Canyon Shuttle without having to find parking.
Whether you ride the shuttle, walk to the entrance, or drive into Zion, you’ll need to pay an entrance fee—unless you have a national park annual pass. Wondering whether or not you should purchase one before your Springdale resort stay? Keep reading to find out.
What is the America the Beautiful Pass?
Around one-quarter of all National Park Service sites charge an entrance fee. This fee is used to support various park programs, repair and maintenance of facilities, and more.
Individuals planning to visit a national park more than once within a year, or to visit more than one national park within a year, can choose to purchase a national park annual pass. Called the America the Beautiful Annual Pass, it provides access to all National Park Service sites that charge an entrance fee for one year from the date of purchase. Each card can have two named cardholders and allows access to the park for those cardholders and up to three guests at a time.
The America the Beautiful Pass costs $80, and can be purchased at the entrance gate of a National Park Service site that charges a fee, such as the entrance to Zion National Park. It can also be purchased online. This pass is available to anyone, including non-citizens visiting the U.S. But certain individuals may be eligible for a free or discounted America the Beautiful Pass.
Other America the Beautiful Annual Passes
Anyone can purchase a regular America the Beautiful Pass. But certain populations may be eligible for a discounted or even free pass:
- Current U.S. military members and their dependents are eligible for a free America the Beautiful Pass. This includes members of the reserves and the National Guard. This pass must be renewed each year.
- Gold Star Families and U.S. military veterans are also eligible for a free America the Beautiful Pass. This Military Lifetime Pass never expires.
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents who are age 62 or older are eligible for a Senior Pass. They can choose between a Lifetime Pass, which costs $80, or an annual pass, which costs $20.
- Citizens and permanent residents with permanent disabilities may be eligible for a free lifetime pass. Individuals who volunteer with a federal agency for 250 service hours may be eligible for a free annual pass.
- Finally, fourth graders in a U.S. school or children aged 10 in a home-school or free-choice learner program are eligible for a free pass for the duration of the school year. You’ll need to fill out and turn in an Every Kid Outdoors voucher to get the pass, which is valid during the child’s fourth-grade school year, from September to August.
Most of these passes require some form of ID to show your eligibility. They can be purchased online or from a National Park Service site that charges an entrance fee.
Should You Purchase a Pass for Your Springdale Resort Stay?
Whether or not you should purchase an annual pass before your Springdale resort stay depends on what you plan to do during your visit, and in the year following.
For instance, if you know that you’ll want to come back to Cliffrose Lodge multiple times throughout the year, purchasing the pass once will allow you to enter Zion multiple times. Additionally, if you know that you’ll visit at least two other national parks that charge an entrance fee over the next year, a national park annual pass will save you money.
If you’re planning to enjoy a few day trips during your stay at our Springdale resort, an annual pass may pay for itself in a single visit. A visit to Zion will cost you $35 for one carload. If you day trip to Bryce Canyon National Park, you’ll pay another $35 for your entrance fee. You could also day trip just under three hours to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, another National Park Service site that also charges $35 for a carload of up to 14 people. Without an annual pass, you’ll pay more than $100 in entrance fees. The America the Beautiful Pass will cost you just $80, and allow for access to all three parks and more.
Planning a Visit to Cliffrose Lodge
If you’re planning to visit multiple national parks during your stay at our Springdale resort, an America the Beautiful Annual Pass can help you save money on entrance fees. After a visit to Cliffrose Lodge, we guarantee that you’ll be ready to start planning your return. You might wind up using that annual pass multiple times over the course of the year as you return to Springdale, Utah!
Ready to start planning your next visit to Southern Utah? Book your stay at Cliffrose Lodge today!